Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vegan Turkey Loaf

I made the Vegan Turkey Loaf from The Vegan Family Cookbook. It is also on the membership side of Everyday Dish.

Overall, I really liked it. The flavor is perfect for a faux turkey and the texture came out great. I will be trying it in sandwiches for lunch today. I tried both thin and thick slices and the thin slices win out.

Even A loved it! So that is saying alot and makes it worth cooking again.

My only complaint is that it was a bit dry, but if I remember correctly, so is real turkey. I meant to make a brown gravy to go with it, but I forgot until it was too late, so next time I will definitely make some.

I will making this on a regular basis and will probably use the thin slices for sandwiches for the kids school lunches.




2 comments:

Jenna said...

I have the WORST luck with faux meats. I have the book and I made the very same recipe that looks so gorgeous here, and it stank. It just didn't come out well, it tasted horrible, and it just was vile. I will give it another go, though. I do love that cookbook.

Tyrvald said...

Every year I cook bites of tempeh in a combination of hemp and flax oils, then Chardonnay with unrefined sugar. Add ground black pepper and sea salt, serve with cranberry or lingonberry sauce and a glass of Chardonnay!